Sunday, September 7, 2014

Here and there

 Here
Inside my mind 
I am naturally controlled
Manipulated by strings 
held
With nimble fingers
Open and willing to be
what and when and how ever
I'm needed
Here
I will bend to the will of those pieces of me
So vital
Let them take over
And harness the me of me so often left
Unheard, unseen

But
through the open door
And
Across the threshold
I Shatter into another
Don't confuse who I am
Here
And who I am out
there

There
I am calculated and careless
Damaged and dauntless
Terrified of the nothingness
But Limited by nothing else
A fractured fragility covered
By duck tape and do overs
There
I am strong willed
The spark igniting
the fire that lights the way
Minimal but pivotal...

But I'm always waiting, hoping, wanting
To be here
Where I can release control
To those nimble fingers
That help me lose my mind

No comments: