Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The List

started making a list for you
Of all the things you do,
But as I started compiling
I started realizing
What you do for me
Goes beyond the 1, 2, 3
Of us and we.
You and me
Is all I can and want and hope and see.
Nothing else will ever be
quite as much
As that unreal possibility.
Even after
the broken disaster.
When I look beyond now
And the who and why and how
Of my long term survival.
All I can think is
Who could make me laugh so much?
Bring electricity in a single touch?
Bring a smile from a million nothings?
Making giggles that burst me at the seams?
Where could I possibly go
After I already know
The sound of my heart
beating in someone else's chest?
What other pair of eyes,
Like bright Sunday morning skies,
Would I rather see
Looking up at me?
The way they see that me of me
And make me lose all words and worry,
But mostly words,
Except “I love you”.
.... To let the one go
who made me want to grow. 
To be better
To be smarter
To try harder
And be more
It's the hardest thing 
I’ve ever done before.

No comments: