Friday, October 15, 2021

- Finished with Fire -

Today, I decided to be finished with Fire. 
I have learned
how to survive its heat.
I've let the flames caress my face 
And call me its partner.
The burning sensation
a cruel reminder
that I deserved the pain.
I've called myself a match stick,
attracted to the stricking sensation of sandpaper love.
That love that grinds you into ash
and doesn't bother to clean up the mess.
I have called myself broken kindling,
discarded trash daunted by the task of being set ablaze 
by the same lover 
with a different face.
I have called myself the pit,
tasked with holding the destruction at bay,
letting my hopes melt away 
within that dangerous embrace. 
Today, I decided to be finished with Fire. 
I will call myself Water.
I will be the soothing escape 
from the inferno  
I danced with 
for far too long.
I will extend out
into the world 
and be an element 
of necessity.
Those fiery scars will
be long forgotten ripples in the sea of me.
Waves that will slowly fade 
as I admire the bounty I carry.
Today, I decided to be  finished with Fire. 

No comments: